Recipe Servings: 10
Prep Time: 08 Hours
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 08 Hours 40 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Medium
Panettone, a perfect dessert for christmas and new year is an italian type of sweet bread originally from Milan. The procedure of making this cake like dessert is quite long but interesting.It involves ingredients like nuts, eggs and sugar. Have a wonderful Christmas with this delicious Panettone.
Ingredients Of Panettone
- 250 Gram Flour T-45
- 10 Gram Fresh Yeast
- 75 Gram Castor Sugar
- 155 Gram Milk
- 75 Gram Whole Eggs
- 20 Gram Egg Yolks
- 80 Gram Butter, unsalted
- 2.5 Gram Bread Improver
- 3.5 Gram Salt
- 80 Gram Raisins
- 80 Gram Candied Orange
- 35 Gram Candied Lemon
- 35 Gram Red Cherries
How to Make Panettone
- Prepare the sponge:
- 1.Take a small bowl. Pour warm 30 gm of milk and add 5gm yeast to it.
- 2.Let it stand until yeast has dissolved. Stir in 30g of the flour, cover with cling film, and let stand 30 minutes, or until doubled.
- 3.Beat sugar, egg yolks & whole eggs together. Add to sponge and stir until well incorporated.
- 4.Combine butter and remaining flour until crumbly. Slowly pour in egg mixture.
- 5.Add in the rest of the ingredient except the fruits and beat on high speed 3 to 4 minutes, until dough is elastic looking and long strands form. Beat in candied fruit and raisins.
- 6.Take the dough into greased bowl, cover with cling film, and leave in a warm place to rise until doubled again, about 2 hours.
- 7.Once proofed take out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead a few times to deflate.
- 8.Divide dough into 2 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and drop into prepared moulds. Let rise in a warm place for about two hours, until doubled again.
- 9.Heat oven to 200 C. Cut an X on top of each loaf with oiled scissors/blade. Brush tops of loaves lightly with egg wash.
- 10.After 10 minutes, lower heat to 190 C. Bake for 30 more minutes; if tops get too brown, cover with foil.
- 11.Loaves are done when a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.