Choosing the right outfit for office wear or formal meetings is important, as it can boost your image and confidence in the workplace. Stay aligned with latest fashion trends by opting for trending patterns and right colour combinations that work best for summers. Ritesh Srivastava, CEO at Elitify, and Akshay Narvekar, founder at Bombay Shirt Company, list must-have patterns for formal shirts for men this summer:
* Contrast panel formal shirt: A crisp contrast panel formal shirt in a subtle palette of grey, blue or soft pink is one of the trending and versatile styles when it comes to formal dressing. The minimal sharp line in contrasting colour on the cuffs, placket, and collar gives an edgy-yet-sophisticated look.
* Pinstripe shirt: A classic combination of white and blue in pinstripes is one of the smartest options for formal meetings. This pattern is timeless and can give a confident look when teamed with black trousers and a pair of brogues.
* Tiny dotted formal shirt: A dotted shirt in rich tones of navy blue, burgundy, maroon or bottle green is quite the trend among millennials. Tiny white dots render a dynamic-yet-robust styling essence making a distinctive style statement.
* Printed shirts: Eccentric and abstract printed shirts are the latest trends in men’s formal wear. Men feel comfortable wearing printed shirts to work, while earlier it was associated with party-wear. Dynamic prints like leaf and floral, abstract, polka dots, and brick print patterns make a statement. Or you can opt for a cotton or a satin-printed shirt.
* Striped shirts: Striped shirts are a common choice for men from every age group. A striped shirt may not be as flexible as a plain shirt but it is a change from the monotonous solid shirts. An interesting blend of colours like bottle green, multi-coloured, lavender, and peach are perfect to break the monotony. You can pair it with a striped shirt and trousers or denim for a casual day out.
* Solid coloured shirts: A classic white shirt is an essential outfit in your wardrobe. Pair it with a collar and cuff style to make a statement. You can wear it with a suit or along with a pair of trousers. Subtle colours such as light pink, blush red, lush green, pastel black, and sky blue work best in a formal setting. You can team these shirts with a contrast or striped tie or cuff links to get a formal look.