Linking Aadhaar to your PAN for filing taxes is no longer optional. If you’re trying to figure out how this is supposed to work, you’ve come to the right place. The good news is that linking PAN with Aadhar card is extremely simple to do. The simplest way to do it is through a new e-facility launched by the Income Tax department to link Aadhaar with PAN.
The option to add your Aadhaar to your income tax form alongside the PAN has actually been around for a couple of years now, which was brought in as a way by which people could easily verify their forms. Now though, you no longer need to even sign in to the Income Tax website to link your Aadhaar to PAN.
Head over to the Income Tax e-filing portal and follow these steps to link Aadhar to PAN:
- On the website, click on the link on the left saying Link Aadhaar.
- Now, enter your PAN number, Aadhaar number, name as per Aadhaar, and the Captcha, and then click on Link Aadhaar.
- This should link the PAN and Aadhaar, but if there is any discrepancy in your details, you’ll receive an Aadhaar OTP to confirm the linkage. Enter the OTP and click on Save to continue.
- You can also link the details after logging in to the income tax website. Log in as you normally would and then click on Profile Settings in the top menu.
- Next, find Link Aadhaar.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click on Save to continue.
This will only work if the details on the PAN and the Aadhaar card match. In case of any discrepancies, you can upload a scan of your PAN card, or register via OTP on your linked mobile number as mentioned above.
That’s all there is to it right now. Did this guide help you in linking your PAN to your Aadhaar card? Let us know via the comments, and check out the rest of our How-to articles